An apprentice, applicant for apprenticeship, or authorized representative of an apprentice or applicant may file a complaint with the Registration Agency if the apprentice or applicant believes that:
- The apprentice or applicant has been discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age (40 or older), genetic information, disability, sex, or sexual orientation with regard to apprenticeship.
- The apprentice or applicant has been retaliated against for the following:
- Filing a complaint alleging a violation of 29 CFR part 30;
- Opposing a practice prohibited by 29 CFR part 30 or federal or state equal opportunity law;
- Furnishing information to, or assisting or participating in, an investigation or proceeding under 29 CFR part 30 or federal or state equal opportunity law;
- Exercising any rights and privileges under 29 CFR part 30; or
- Equal opportunity standards with respect to the apprentice’s selection or any other benefit, term, condition, or privilege associated with apprenticeship have been followed in the operation of an apprenticeship program.